Monday, December 26, 2005

Puerto Rican Christmas Dinner

Ok, so I'm still thinking about last night's Christmas dinner! It was AMAZING and I didn't bring home any leftovers!! ARGH..... My Mom & Dad made the full on Puerto Rican feast!!! I was sooo happy we weren't having turkey.... My dad's the Puerto Rican...I'm just the half breed.....I call myself the "white washed Puerto Rican" Ya see...I don't speak a lick of Spanish and my dad is fluent...I know, I know...I should have learned it, but I just never did and no one speaks it in our home...Oh well.....

So, my dad made home made pinto beans from scratch, along with his famous rice!! It's da BOMB!! My Mom made the garlic roast pork! Oh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! We also had platanos.....YUMMY!!!

Thanks Mom & Dad for a GREAT dinner.

3 Comments:

angieoh! said...

looks so great! lucky girl!

Jennifer S. said...

Mmmmmm looks and sounds so good!!!

Plastic said...

that looks so yummy i can't stand it. good thing its luch time.