Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Clapping Has Stopped…..and now I'm sad...

Here’s the story…..Right across from where I live is a 4 story apt building. One of the patios is right across from my office/scraproom & my bedroom. For a while now there’s been this elderly man that comes out and claps for the squirrel. He claps really loud and the squirrels come running to him and the tosses them bread. The squirrel are on the roof of my apartment and he tosses the bread to them….sometimes he misses and the bread hit my window….It’s really quite funny. I see him from my office window every afternoon. I’ve thought it was the cutest thing.

Well, all of a sudden this guy starts calling the squirrel in the morning around 7:30 am. Ok, it’s the time I usually get up in the morning, so no big deal. Then it progressively gets earlier and earlier. When it got to 6:45 in the morning I about lost it! Did I mention he claps really loud!!!! So, I wasn’t going to say anything to him I just went to the manager of the building and asked him to please tell the guy not to clap in the morning. He’s been waking me up at 6:45am and it’s drivin’ me crazy. I told him I don’t mind if he does it in the afternoon, just not in the morning.

So, fast forward to the next morning… No CLAPPING!! YEAH….I was soooo happy! Bet then the afternoon came around and still no clapping…..Next few days, I saw him on his patio, but no clapping. I felt really bad. I didn’t want him to stop altogether, just not early in the morning!

That afternoon I called the manager again and I explained to him that I didn’t mind if he did it during the day, just not in the morning…It was so sad…I would look out the window at him on the patio and you can see he wanted to clap soooo bad….

Well, he was just out there a little wile ago and he was clapping…..All right with the world again!!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Omgoodness! what a sweet story. i'm so glad you went back and told them he could clap again...in the afternoon! :) so nice of you...i would feel bad too, i hope he tells the squirlls no more breakfast. :)

Michelle W. said...

love this post!!! YOu are a sweetheart! Thanks for this heartwarming story!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I can understand your point. something probably got lost in translation.

Anonymous said...

awww, what a cute story!!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

... said...

LOL, too sweet Toni! I thought you were leading up to something else. Thank God he is still clapping :)

Sofia said...

That is the cutest story! I love it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Im with Lisa I thought that was going in a totally different direction. Glad to hear you still have the Clapper hehehe very sweet.

Gwyn Calvetti said...

I love the image of the old man and the squirrels! Have you gone over and visited with him at all? He'd probably love the company of someone besides the squirrels!

Add me to the list who feared the story was going another direction, too.

yezenia said...

OMG, that is such a great story. Would have loved to see the look on his face when he started clapping again.