Thursday, September 14, 2006

RIP My Friend

I found out today that a friend / coworker of mine was recently killed in Iraq!


David was one of the nicest, sweetest, most easy going people I've ever met! I can't believe hes gone. I hadn't seen David for several months. The last I knew, he was stationed in Hawaii. I worked with David at Costco for a very long time. He was way to young to have his life take away from him. My heart just aches! What makes it even worse is he was just recently married. Not even 5 months! Oh, it just makes me so mad!!!


David, you will me missed. You were my favorite supervisor!!! I love when I would call you David ham & eggs (David Jimenez) and you would always smile. I'm so sorry this happened to you, it's just not fair!

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Toni I'm so sorry for you loss. Such a tragedy. Paula :(

jennihaywood said...

Toni- I am so sorry that this happened. What a tragedy!
By the way,I know you don't know me, but I read your blog all the time and I didn't know that you worked for Costco. My Husband is the Manager here in Missouri. He has worked for them for 16 years. My Uncle is thee C.O.O of Costco. He lives in Seattle but he used to be an executive V.P. in California. My entire family still lives in California. I wonder if you know any of my friends/family that work in CA. What part of CA do you live? I didn't mean to talk about something so trivial when you are going through a sad time today. I hope this was o.k that I went on and on about Costco. When you are feeling better, e-mail me if you want. It might be fun to find out if we know any of the same people that work for Costco. Who know, maybe you know my Uncle! I truly hope you have a better night! I am so sorry for your loss!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss.
-bucket

Alex said...

Toni, I'm so sorry!!! Thats such a bummer and such a horrible tragedy.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Vee said...

Toni:
I am so sorry for your loss

Jojo* said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. yes- may he rest in peace.

Hugs,
Jojo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. It just doesn't make any sense, this wacky world we're living in. Juls

Anonymous said...

Toni,
I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. What an amazingly brave young man, to serve his country know the possibilities.

I wish him peace in the universe, and I wish the people who knew and loved him...the fondest memories.