Sunday, July 23, 2006

I think were in HELL!

My friend Ang came over today to scrap, but there was no scrappin' going here today!!!! It was 122 degrees here!!! Can you believe that shiznit!! Record breaking day!!! It's hasn't been that hot here in over 100 years!!! When we got in to Ang's car and I looked at the temp gauge thingy that tells you how hot it is outside and I was like...Ang... that this isn't working...It says 122 degrees!!! When we got back to my house we put on the TV and the news was on talking about all the record breaking temps we had today, and sure enough.....They said it was currently 119!!! AT 5 o'clock at night!!!

Ok, so why didn't we scrap??? Cause were were having brown outs! If you don't know what that is, it's when they reduce the power and your lights go on very dim. So, the FREAKIN air would not stay on.....it kept popping the circuit breakers!!! OUT OF CONTROL!!!!So Ang and I hit up a bunch of Targets to get those infamous document boxes!!! We bought 'em all out!!!...Then we went out to eat and went to the movies!!! NO SCRAPPING GOING ON HERE!

5 Comments:

Kip said...

Wow, sounds hotter than it is in Florida!!

Much Ado said...

wow, that's unbearable.....it's only 104 here and I'm dying!!! Hope it cools down for you!

Melissa said...

even though it was super hot, you seemed to make an awesome day out of it :)

it was 117 in Arizona yesterday..and it gets to be over 120 in my car. so I feel your pain

Plastic said...

Man that sucks - it is hot here like that way too often. but no brown outs.

Missy said...

Well I can so relate to that. It has been well over 100 up this way as well. I haven't been in my scraproom for almost 2 weeks. I am dying to go play, but without AC there is no way I can right now.